Pages

Thursday, August 6, 2015

99 Problems But A Binkie Ain't One

99 Problems But A Binkie Ain't One
(Ella Bella, Monkey, Brown Monkey, Giraffe, Pink Kitty, Confetti Puppy & Penguin)

I'm completely in love with these binkies!


Not only are these adorable, but they are so easy for he twins to hold onto. (I think I became a horder of  binkies after I found out about these-they are just so stinking cute)

At the newborn stage my favorite was the giraffe, it lays longer than the rest which was perfect when they were swaddled and could not hold onto a binkie. The giraffe would lay across the babies chest and stay put all night.

My all time favorites are the ones that are a little unique like the confetti puppy, Ella Bella the elephant and Jasmine the Giraffe (not pictured).  I love having a unique one so other children don't grab it as theirs.

Originally I purchased any pink/red ones to use with my daughter and the rest to use for my son- I quickly learned they grab and exchange all day long.

Currently I allow them to use the binkies at nap time and bed time, but there will be a day to wean them off.  I selfishly used them from the beginning, to help soothe them to sleep but my goal is to use them less and less each day.  As a dental hygienist, I am well aware of the negative effects it can have on teeth development. Children should not use a binkie after the age of 2. Prolonged use can cause problems with the proper growth of the mouth, alignment of the teeth and change the shape of the roof of the mouth.

Sorry to all of the parents out there struggling with breaking this habit, it's not easy.  If you have any tips on how to break the binkie habit, please share I would love to hear about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment