Pages

Friday, June 26, 2015

Baby @ The Barre

Modern Milk & Re-Barre Studios


(Baby Leggings, My Shirt-Similar)







Today I had the opportunity to join in "bring your baby to the barre" class at Modern Milk.  I brought my daughter to this class and left her twin brother at home with dad.  It was actually the first time I left the house with one child and not two, what a difference this made loading and unloading the car. I have to be honest, it felt great not pulling out the double stroller in the 100 degree weather. 


Modern Milk is a local store that helps guide moms through their journey of motherhood.  The store carries products from breast feeding supplies, nursing bras and baby care products.  There are multiple services offered at the store such as breast feeding 101, support groups, and fitness classes. If you are in the Scottsdale Arizona area and want to have fun with other mommies check it out.

Megan from Re- Barre North Scottsdale hosted the bring your baby to the barre class today. Taking class with your babies is an integrative way to get toned, get your heart rate up and spend time with your baby. It was a 30 minute class which helped the moms get a quick workout in and it captivated the babies attention at the same time.  I really enjoyed it and so did Harper she smiled and laughed the entire time.  

Barre class is a great overall body workout for core, strength and flexibility.  During pregnancy abdominal separation can happen which means the connective tissue stretches.  After the baby is born this can cause the core to weaken.  Barre class can help regain the strength to stabilize the core. During class we wore the babies in carriers (I used my Baby Bjorn).  I have taken barre class prior to kids and today it was definitely challenging to keep my balance while holding the extra weight in the carrier. 

It was such an amazing start of my day to get a workout in and bond with my daughter, I definitely will be back at mommy and me classes.  Next time I'll take my son, I hope he will enjoy it as much has Harper did.

2 comments:

  1. Great to see you sharing your experiences with other mothers. As the mother of four, and as you know someone who still lived life, there are so many experiences that few who have not been mothers can relate to. So happy for you and your little ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Christine, great to hear from you!

      Delete