Pages

Sunday, May 10, 2015

My Favorite Hall-A-Day

Happy
Mother’s Day

This Mother’s Day is extra special for me, I am celebrating my first Mother’s Day with my ever supporting husband and our twins. 
It was exactly a year ago today we were given the news that after our IVF retrieval two embryos survived.  At that moment I wanted to shout it out to each and everyone around us that we were going to be parents, but I had to hold my breath.  There were still possibilities of failure, if my body was to reject them.

(Our Fertilized Embryos)

 We were also faced with making the decision of implanting one or both embryos.  Many thoughts were going through my head, this was a very scary decision to make.   Only implanting one embryo and freezing the other was an option, or implanting both.  With freezing an embryo there is a decrease in the survival rate and with only having two embryos our chances were already low.  With the help of our doctor, Dr. Couvaras of IVF Phoenix we made the decision on implanting the two embryos.
That day I could only look forward and try to be as positive and hopeful as possible.  As many of you know there is a long waiting game to find out if the embryos will survive after implantation.  With the love and support of our family and friends our prayers had been answered, our first round of IVF was a success.  I was going to be a mom of twins!
This Mother’s day I want to celebrate not only the woman that are moms but to each and every one that dreams of becoming one.  It can be a very emotional time and I hope they find it in their hearts to never lose hope.  Here is a quote that I reminded myself with daily.

“Good things come to those who Believe, Better things come to those who are Patient and the best Things come to those who Don’t Give up.”

(author unknown)

1 comment: