Pages

Friday, July 24, 2015

RECAP OF LA LA LAND VIA CAMERA ROLL

It's been a few weeks since we got back from our 4th of July vacation in Southern California and today I am sharing some of my favorite moments (camera overload).  It has taken awhile to get back into my routine and we are definitely bummed to be back in the Arizona heat.  I'm ready to escape the 100 degree weather again.
Since the twins were born we didn't know what to expect and thought it would slow us down a bit in the traveling department.  We have taken a couple of road trips and airplane rides, so far traveling with the twins has been pretty easy.  Don't get me wrong it does take planning and I feel like we pack up our whole house, but they have been wonderful traveling babies.  We managed to squeeze us all in the car after packing our bags, the puj tub, double stroller and twin bassinet pack n play. (It may be time to get Mama a SUV)  To be honest they even surprised me- they slept better on vacation than they have in the past six months.
Whether we drive or fly, I try to plan the trips around nap time or bed time, it really seems to help. This road trip we left at night right after their last bottle so they slept the entire way to California.

Here is our Southern California recap...




Our daily stroll to the beach.  
The weather was so great we took full advantage to be outside daily.
We actually hit up a few beach cities while we were in town, since they are so close to each other- Redondo, Hermosa and Manhattan.


(Rolling out in our jammies)
(Aiden's jammie Scored HERE & Harper's jammies )



Getting ready for the beach
(Swimsuit-Old, Shirt On Sale, Shorts-On Sale)




Happy 4TH Of July!
The last few years we have been going to SoCal for the fourth and escaping the monsoon weather in AZ.  We love hitting up the beach throughout the day and watch fireworks at night.  Since the beach cities are so close together we were able to see many different shows from our location.
(Harper's Outfit-Sold Out)


Mommy and Me Swimsuits
(Swimsuits-Old Found a great site HERE)


We hiked to Abalone Cove with the family


Poor thing was dressed for the winter in long sleeves- I didn't want the kiddos to get sun burned on our hike.  The whole time I was thinking babies should have a dry fit clothing line, they would be much more comfortable.



Who needs a Selfie Stick? 
Poor Aiden is tucked in the back- his hat made the shot : )
(Sunglasses- 1, 2, 3,4)


 Aquarium Of The Pacific- Long Beach, California

The twins were amused for about 30 minutes and actually slept through the rest of it.


I am a sucker for the group portrait they sell at amusement parks : ).  I love that they have Aiden holding a bird and Tay a turtle!


We broke a few Bed Time Rules and went to the beach to watch my niece surf.  The weather was beautiful in the low 80's ( I actually had too many layers on the kiddos...oops).  The sound of the waves put them right to sleep in their carriers.


Best Invention Ever- WubbaNub binkies
DO NOT LEAVE HOME WITHOUT THESE


We stopped at some of our favorite kid boutiques in Hermosa Beach and snagged a few goodies for the babes.  I love to coordinate their outfits and I found a few cute t's for when they are a little older.
(Sol Baby and Gum Tree Kids are my two favorite boutiques.)
Harper's Hat

Our vacation went by really fast and I can't believe the twins are already six months.
I am very thankful I was able to spend these special moments with them.

If you have special places in Southern California that you love taking your kids please share!  I'm sure we will be planning our next trip soon and it would be helpful for other moms reading this post.
Have a great summer and safe travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment