Pages

Friday, July 31, 2015

Cooks In The Kitchen

Introducing Solid Foods

My babies are growing up way too fast and we are already onto feeding solid foods.  I have to be honest the first few months of this year are a blur and I still can't believe they are almost 7 months. 

You can start introducing solid food anytime between 4-6 months.  I started introducing solids when they reached 5 months to make sure the twins could hold their head up steady in an upright position.  I love making their food because I know exactly what they are eating, I use all fresh organic fruits & vegetables.  It has been fun watching the silly faces they make when they taste a new recipe of mine. 












Harper didn't love carrots at first.


Aiden looks very sad trying Kale & Carrots.

I started with giving the twins whole grain rice cereal mixed with water every night before their last bottle.  At this stage the food should be pureed or semi liquid.  As they get older the food can be strained or mashed and then small pieces to finger food.  At first they did not love the cereal, it took about a week for them to adjust to the texture and eating off of a spoon.  After the cereal, I gradually introduced one new food at a time.  That way if there is an allergic reaction, you will be able to tell what causes it.  Now that I know they do not have any allergies it has been fun creating different flavors.

Here are some recipes I have made:

Kale-Banana-Avocado
Peach-Rice Cereal
Sweet Potato-Blueberries
Banana-Avocado-Rice Cereal
Carrots-Kale
Apples-Bananas

I was fortunate to receive two types of food makers from friends-the Baby Bullet & the Baby Cook Beaba.  I love using both products, they are both simple to use and very easy to clean up.

The Baby Bullet 
This is great to puree pre-cooked or soft foods. You can make up to a week's worth of food in less than 5 minutes.  The blender is easy to use, can puree food in about 30 seconds and it comes with handy storage cups.  (I love how cute the cups are.)  The storage cup displays the day of the month the food was made to help keep the food fresh.

The Baby Cook Beaba
I love that this is multi functioning and and is very easy to use.  It is a steamer and a blender in one. Fill the back with water similar to a coffee pot, fill the bowl with food and you will get cooked and pureed food all in one. (There is an option for cooking only and or pureeing only)

No comments:

Post a Comment